Monday, February 25, 2008

Off to camp!

With summer break coming to a close for the kids, we're off for one last summer adventure this week. We're headed to camp on the beach of Peru, near the town of Camana. Tony's parents have been taking the kids to this same camp since the early 90's. We hear the facilities have improved a bit since Tony was last there (about 11 years ago), which I was glad to hear after listening to Tony reminisce about bathing in a barrel full of cold water when he was a kid!

It's been quite a task making sure all the kids have their essential beach items - swimming clothes, sunscreen, sandals, and towels... But as of tonight it looks like we're ready to go! I'm doing my best to go with few expectations because I know things will most likely be far different than what I have pictured in my mind! We should be back next Saturday night and I'll look forward to sharing some pictures and highlights with you when we get home.

We would appreciate your prayers for safety in travels and at the beach, as well as prayers for Tony as he's directing the camp and teaching on the fruit of the Spirit every evening. I'm so incredibly proud of him and his dedication to the work put before him. We're praying that God will use his words and efforts to make an impact in the hearts of the kids and church members that will be with us at camp. Wish you all could join us as well! We'll report back next week!

No comments: