Saturday, December 5, 2009

Waiting in Good Company


Well, I'm officially 3 days overdue which I know isn't much, but it has obviously put BABY even more to the forefront of our minds than it was before! I know I must be huge now because everyone who comments now assumes I am very close to delivering, whereas before they would politely congratulate me and ask about the due date. : ) I enjoyed being able to give a single digit response during the last week, and now it's quite satisfying to be able to say I'm in fact overdue.

My mom arrived on Thanksgiving and we've been having a wonderful time with her while we're waiting for this little one to arrive. We've had only 2 or 3 days of rain since she arrived which has been a blessing and we've been able to get out and do a lot of walking and exploring in the city over the past 9 days. I felt such a sense of peace about the arrival of this baby when she arrived and it's been an absolute joy to have her here with us while we're waiting for Baby to make an appearance. We've had fun catching up and enjoying quality time together and are now hoping the baby will come soon, but are trusting in God's timing and in the comfort that he knows the exact details of this little one's arrival. We'll definitely put an update here when the time finally comes, but thought I'd at least get one last blog post in before then!

1 comment:

Alice Robbins said...

I am so glad that she is there with you!!! I am going home to Denver a week from Monday to wait for my new niece or nephew! It is a strange thing, waiting for the birth of a kiddo! I hope my sister-in-law waits for me to get there! She of course in her dry humor states, "This is the one time I will not be able to tell my kid what to do. They will chose the time to come." I love that girl! Please greet your mom for me! I still want to try to get over there to see you and meet your hubby! Maybe in the spring . . . I am prying for you today for a safe delivery! Alice