Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back in the saddle...

My trip to Chile was great - a wonderful reunion with friends from the States, and a great time to meet other women who are working in various countries from South America. I actually met 5 other women who are working in or near our same city of Arequipa and hope to connect with them again the coming months. We worked hard the whole time, so hard in fact that I don't have a single picture of the trip!

For those of you who aren't familiar with Women of the Harvest, the organization I worked for in Denver, I would encourage you to check out their website: www.womenoftheharvest.com. They provide support and encouragement for missionaries in a variety of different ways: a fantastic online magazine, international retreats, and connection to many valuable resources to help women to persevere in their work. After just 3 months of living in Peru, I can attest to the great encouragement that they provide!

I returned home from Chile to find a new puppy in our house! Mike, my brother, bought a sweet little Boxer named Cayma (named after the area we live in). She and Davy have become wonderful playmates and we're worried that Davy may go into depression when Cayma goes back the US with Mike in December. Here is a cute picture of the two puppies cuddling after an evening of wrestling:

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Davy is so cute! I can't wait to see how big he has gotten.

Adrienne said...

PS-They make anti-depressants for dogs, which we denied when the vet offered them to Norman. The vet told us Norman was depressed after Lucy left. We thought the $30 a month could probably be better spent somewhere else. :)