Monday, October 20, 2008

A gift card will do.


Nearly two weeks ago I was in the kitchen, preparing to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies to appease the hungry boys in the living room. As I poured the brown sugar out, I caught a glimpse of something that didn't belong in a bag of smooth brown sugar. I grabbed a spoon and sifted through the sugar until I discovered...the back half of a bee with its stinger still attached!! This unfortunate creature must have managed to get mixed up in a sugar factory and sliced in half at some point in the processing line, bagged up, sealed and sent off to Sainsbury's in Edinburgh.

I scooped the backside of the bee up and put him on display for Tony and Ryan. I joked that with all the prayers we've been saying for the financial provision for Tony's schooling, maybe God is going to provide through a successful lawsuit against Sainsbury's regarding a bee in the brown sugar! Okay, maybe it's not that big of a deal. But Tony did contact Sainsbury's about the bee incident and we received a very apologetic phone call a few days later. Today I got a letter from Sainsbury's with a 5 pound gift card (not a 5 lb. card, but value of 5 British Pounds) included to cover the cost of the brown sugar.

It's no tuition waiver, but I suppose the gift card will do. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)